Google Analytics

G-LWKNT5ZVRQ

Friday, May 7, 2021

Week 14 Part A: What We Learn from Google Analytics

There is a lot of good information to be gathered from the analytics page. After viewing the different features, I found a few that would be particularly helpful.

Acquisition: The information here gives me Users, New Users, Time spent and Medium. This will be good to see what platform they are using to commonly access the page. Also giving me details about the amount of time they spent on the page. I really like that it breaks down New and current users. This allows me to see how many people have reached the page and how large my audience is growing.

Engagement: I like to see the engagement stats. See the average time the user spent engaged and the number of times can help me analyze how relevant the content is to the user.

Retention: We all like to know that we have followers. How many of them are staying? That’s the real question. We need to keep our followers. This also allows us to see new users. Users and New Users seems to repeat throughout the analytics.

Demographics: The is very useful. Seeing the age and location of the users is important to me. This will allow me to adjust my content to age of the clients and direct clients to the appropriate FSE for their geographical area.

Tech: Knowing what platform is being used to access my page(s) is interesting. I would image that most users would be on some sort of mobile platform. Whether that is an Apple or Android device is helpful in determining graphical content and resolution. Their platform firmware version, App version and other variables should be considered as well.

Out of all the analytics features, the four above I found to be the most useful. They provide the most useful information to me. Currently, there isn’t a great deal of data there, perhaps in time there will be more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 17: Wrapping it up!!!

🙈🙉🙊  Ok! So, lets wrap this up. I can say that my overall understanding of how Social Media (SM) for business works. Not to mention my ow...