Google Analytics

G-LWKNT5ZVRQ

Sunday, May 2, 2021

Week 13 Part A: Online Advertising - Analysis of the Marketplace

😒 

Adds on SM (Social Media) can be annoying to say the least. The other day I did a web search for an item. Later, I was on Facebook and saw several adds for the item from different sources. One search on Google was all it took to be bombarded on SM. Not to mention clicking on the SM add. What does that do? Darn it!!! I wish I hadn’t done that. Now all my SM is plagued with adds. Every time I see an add I have to tell the SM platform that I don’t want to see the add anymore.

The website the add linked to was good and contained more information about the item as well as other items the company is selling. The add itself made use of creative design. Catchy pics and a short video of the product were enticing to say the least. The offer of 20% to first time buyers acting in the next 24 hours was a good hook. However, I’m still not buying. More research is needed.

I don’t know about you, but I find the gimmicky weight loss adds to be the most annoying. If you have seen one, then you know what I’m talking about. Enough about that.

Online advertising, I think, has become a very effective tool over traditional advertising. I don’t read the newspaper. In fact, I don’t know many people who actually get a print anymore. TV adds are still very effective. I don’t watch much in the way of regular programming. I often stream content. If you are like me and do it on the cheap, then you will likely have some adds at points during the stream. Like TV, I stream most of the music I listen to rather than listening to traditional radio. Thanks to IP address locating and GPS, the apps like Pandora and Spotify know my approximate location and feed adds based on that.

I am online way more than watching TV and receiving adds via more traditional means. So, I would say that adds on websites, SM, and streaming services are a much more effective way in these modern times to reach the target audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 17: Wrapping it up!!!

🙈🙉🙊  Ok! So, lets wrap this up. I can say that my overall understanding of how Social Media (SM) for business works. Not to mention my ow...