Google Analytics

G-LWKNT5ZVRQ

Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Week 12 Part A: Business Specific Online Tools

 I took a look at the snacknation blog which highlighted online-collaborative tools. While many of them seemed very good, almost all of them are over the top for what I do. I have two other counterparts. One in North Carolina and the other in Japan. While we all provide the same services for the same equipment, many times our work is different.

Our clientele is a very small niche of the Marine Corps. Everything is specialized. Some is classified. We have to be very careful about what we put out for information and when.

Time zone differences can make things difficult as well. Often, standard email communications meet our needs. For any files exceeding the limits of the email server, we have a website which provides a file sharing service. Monthly conference calls through government lines help us to better relay things.

While we are able to accomplish the mission with what we are given, its often frustrating with the limitations and criterial placed on us. Going to far out into the public sector opens us up to more and more threats the further we go. I have already gotten some push back regarding the FaceBook and Instagram pages I have created. Notice there haven’t been too many posts from me out there. I thought it would be good to get out there in the realm where many of the clients reside. Afterall, most of the people I interact with during my daily routine are between 18 and 30 years old.

If I were completely in the public sector, I would probably jump on a few of the online tools mentioned in the snacknation post. Google Drive is a cloud service I use for personal things. It would be great for file sharing with my counterparts. It is a much easier cloud storage platform to use than the one we use. We just are not allowed to use it.

Que Serรก, Serรก and life goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 17: Wrapping it up!!!

๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™‰๐Ÿ™Š  Ok! So, lets wrap this up. I can say that my overall understanding of how Social Media (SM) for business works. Not to mention my ow...