Google Analytics

G-LWKNT5ZVRQ

Monday, March 1, 2021

Week 5 Part B: Learning about FaceBook Data Collecting

Lets look at the difference between Reach and Engagement of posts to FaceBook…….

Post Reach: I have a small group or limited number of people I want my FaceBook posts to reach. The greater majority of the world population and people using FaceBook won’t care what content is on my page. Nor would they understand. So, I feel as though I will need to hit the target most every time. My audience is split between two military occupational specialty (MOS) designators. Depending on what is posted, some will likely look at while the others keep scrolling by. I’d like to keep my post reach small yet, all inclusive of the two MOS designators. I definitely don’t want to pay for Facebook “boosting”. So, I will keep my reach organic. Relying on likes, shares and even hashtags. This takes me to the next subject, Engagement.

Post Engagement: My post engagement will rely on those that follow my page sharing, liking and commenting on posts. I realize, for the Facebook algorithm to work in my favor, I need my posts to be engaging. The people who see the posts need to interact in someway to help spread the word. If the same four people always engage, they will most likely be the only people who see content I post in their news feed. This can really limit the people reached. If those four share, comment and/or like, then more people will likely see the posts. People who see those shares, comments and/or likes will also need to engage. After reading up on this, I feel like I will need to spend a great deal of time on FaceBook if I don’t want to pay for “boosting”. Now I know why people get paid to handle social media accounts.

 

Pages Commented on:

https://www.facebook.com/The-Alibi-Brewing-Company-102119868601428

https://www.facebook.com/tridentpacific

https://www.facebook.com/AudienceEngagementSolutions/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 17: Wrapping it up!!!

🙈🙉🙊  Ok! So, lets wrap this up. I can say that my overall understanding of how Social Media (SM) for business works. Not to mention my ow...